- Born: 3 Jun 1852, Whitburn, Linlithgow, West Lothian, Scotland
- Died: 9 Jul 1932, Dunolly Hospital, Dunolly, , Victoria, Australia at age 80
- BuriedMale: 11 Jul 1932, Dunolly Cemetery, Dunolly, , Victoria, Australia
Cause of his death was Asthma / Gastric Carcinoma 1 year.
James' birth record is followed by that for his his cousin, Elizabeth Cadzow daughter of William's brother John Cadzow & Jane Provan, born 5 April 1853.
In July 1874 he was the Manager of the Perseverance Reef in Myrtleford. In 1875 he was inititated into the Lodge of Unity, where his father had also been inducted in 1873.
In 1879 James is recorded in the Ratebook for Harrietville as a resident there, occupation Miner, with a dwelling and garden.
When his father died in December 1887 he was working as a miner in Granya, Victoria.
In 1914 he was a Miner living at Bet Bet near Dunolly in Victoria. By 1931 he was living in Dunolly, no occupation.
Noted events in his life were:
• He emigrated to Victoria on the "Frederick" with his parents on 11 Apr 1855.
• He worked as a Miner according to his Death Certificate.