- Born: 4 Jul 1858
- Partnership (1): Elizabeth McCallum
- Died: 28 Dec 1918, Merivale Station nr, Mitchell, Queensland, Australia at age 60
- Buried: 29 Dec 1918, Merivale Station nr, Mitchell, Queensland, Australia
John was a Drover in Western Queensland.
John was not married but had a relationship with Maggie Thompson which obviously lasted some time. Maggie was of Aboriginal descent and the three children who were clearly born to John (he is referred to as the father in several documents) were all regarded as Illegitimate and bore their mother's surname. It is not clear whether John was also the father of John William and Mary. Apparently, Ada and William were quite fair in appearance. At some stage William took on the name Cadzhow and his children were registered with this surname.
John is apparently buried on the Merrivale Station just outside Mitchell along with a number of Chinese people.
An advertisement in The Brisbane Courier 15 Mar 1919 declares that he died intestate and that his brother Thomas Main Cadzow was to be granted Administration of the estate. John was described as a Selector in Mitchell, Queensland.
Noted events in his life were:
• He worked as a Station Hand at the time of his death on 28 Dec 1918 in Merivale Station nr, Mitchell, Queensland, Australia.
• He worked as a Labourer according to son William's death certificate.
• He worked as a Bullock driver according to daughter Ada's death certificate.
John had a relationship with Elizabeth McCallum, daughter of Henry McCallum and Lucy. (Elizabeth McCallum was born circa 1862 in Claverton, Queensland, Australia.)