- Born: 18 May 1757, Tranent, East Lothian, Scotland
- Christened: 22 May 1757, Tranent, East Lothian, Scotland
- Marriage (1): Janet Ross on 17 Jan 1780 in Inveresk, Midlothian (now East Lothian), Scotland
- Died: poss. 1803, Cockenzie, East Lothian, Scotland at age 46
Witnesses at his birth were William Dixon and Robert Clerk.
Alexander and Janet were "irregularly married at Edinbr. Janry. 17 1780. The marriage confirmed."
It is possible he died in 1803 and was buried on the 10th January. An "Alexander Greig from Cockenzie" appears in the Prestonpans Parish burial records with the notation "West" indicating that he was buried in the old "West" cemetery. However, it is possible this record is for his son, Alexander, who was definitely deceased by 1832.
Noted events in his life were:
• He resided at the time of Christian's birth on 6 Mar 1783 in Cockenzie, East Lothian, Scotland.
• He resided at the time of his son Alexander's birth on 4 Jan 1785 in Cockenzie, East Lothian, Scotland.
Alexander married Janet Ross on 17 Jan 1780 in Inveresk, Midlothian (now East Lothian), Scotland. (Janet Ross was born circa 1757 in prob Scotland.)